Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Sunshine and tube surfing...

morning light of hyde park

walking with ravens and squirrels and oodles of dogs

autumn light is my favourite

moments of my life is like in the movies i cherish. this bench a memorial to a couple whom i think i would have like to spend time with.
A very modest war hero - not just modest but very. He must have been courageous and acted with bravery and then not shared his accomplishments.
To light up a room with a smile.... i like people like this, happy, kind, welcoming....
I like telling myself stories about the things i notice....
The Yeoman at the London Tower said "History is not the past" it is the stories told by the victors. History is a version of the past not in its truth or totality. Often history is told by people who were not even there. The very modest war heroes don't tell grand stories. Those who can only imagine grand stories tell them.

I like stories about historical people and some of their antics. The women are particularly interesting to me. I wonder what my daughter thinks of these women and their smiles.She was most engaged with the Yeoman's stories at the Tower of London and he spoke to her directly as a future queen or feminist history maker. Loved that impact.

Courage under these restless skies... and off with their heads....

a glass pillow sits where many peoples lives were cut short because of what they did or didn't do.
courage is always required when daring greatly

off to Buckingham Palace so musings are short this morning....


No comments: