Tuesday, October 12, 2010

the perfect protest...

i love brene brown's work. this is a very important protest, don't you think?
i know i try too hard, expend too much energy in the pursuit of perfection.
its kinda sneaky and creeps up on me.
only when i find myself really feeling crazy do i
then see i'm practicing perfect just a bit too much.
so this is a reminder to my vulnerable, soft, painty, napping self.
its ok.
i hang up perfection at the door and am off to play with my daughter today,
delightfully, messily and splendidly imperfectly...

sparkle & twirl all day long
dear, imperfectly wonderful ones...
*

5 comments:

Teena said...

hey Dana sparkle ... my practicing imperfectly friend ... and i mac lover ... i think you are amazingly fantastic ... bon chance with the working mothers deal tomorrow ... and thanks for being my one constant commentor ... love ya

Shelby and Bev said...

love it dana, you go! and i love seeing your beautiful face!
life is short, girlfriend...play as much as you can, cause the other crap doesn't matter...
xo

Juliette Crane said...

i love this! i think this is my favorite interpretation yet :)

thank you so much for this beautiful post. it's exactly what i needed to hear. and i think i might just get out my crayons and color this evening :)

best wishes!
juliette

Dori Patrick said...

Amen, Sistah!!! Cute picture of the two of you!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous picture - you and your wee girl are so CUTE! Lovely post!