Monday, September 20, 2010

Time to share....

This past week has been really crazy busy. By the sounds most people are feeling the effects of the changing and readjusting to the new season. Life is life and it does have different speeds. Of this i am sure. It is about to calm and slow for me for a while again.

Last week i started Experimental Art, my Aunt celebrated 70 in style, the kids were sick, my mother in law returned from a 6week overseas holiday, i worked, prepared a 7year olds birthday party, had the 10hour party (he/we totally loved it) and had a farm day with families from school.
All super cool & fun, apart from the sickness. This week i intend to catch up on playing with art techniques new to me and doing tonnes of laundry. Last week of school before a 2 week break, and looking forward to playing and painting with the kids.

This week we have my sons ballet performance, a new toilet coming to replace the broken one, dinner with friends at their house, the new school uniform and gymnasium launch, a lantern festival to go to, and a 40th birthday party. A quiet one....

Back to the ART:
my son came home from the library with a book by an author whom he loves. he explained to me all about this book: "The Shape Game" by Anthony Browne. it was so cool this week, while they were home sick and i was focusing on doodling, we doodled together...

so read the book for all the details but the main idea is draw a random squiggle then swap and then make the shape become something.... it is cool.
here is one of ours :

we are experimenting with lots of new ideas. my 7year old received such wonderful gifts for his birthday. lots of creative stuff that lets his imagination soar. he is prolific in his drawing, writing and creations. he is a curious child who identifies with Alice from Alice in Wonderland (they are reading this at school). i think he is amazing, at 7 making links between the real word and a creative/imaginary one. it is exciting to see what he will think of next...

sparkle & twirl with your creativity...

*

1 comment:

amelia said...

I love this, I love that your son participates in these activities with you- my girl loves to be creative- I love sharing this world with them!